Pregnancy comes with its blessings and challenges. The miracle of childbirth is something extraordinary that makes ladies forget all about the misery they felt for 9 months. The sight of their baby can make them forget about everything else. From nausea to morning sickness, to being unable to easily get in and out of the bathtub, to losing their figure. Those that had a surgery even forget undergoing gynecological surgery.
While mommies forget about everything once they have their babies in their arms, the pregnancy period is not always easy. Even during the postpartum period, women experience a decline in their bodily strength and mobility. This affects their overall performance. But the area that gets the most affected is caring about their personal hygiene, especially taking baths.
Most women don’t have the strength to get in and out of the bathtub during and after pregnancy. While some women ask a family member or a caretaker to help, it is not an option for everyone. That’s where the need for bath lifts and bath hoists arises. Bathtub lift chairs have proven to be quite useful for women during and after pregnancy.
In this article, we will share details about bathtub lift chairs but first, we need to know what they can do with regards to pregnant women.
Bathtub Lift Chairs and Pregnancy
Pregnant women face difficulty in moving about, especially towards the last trimester. This decline in mobility and strength is based on a woman’s health and will power. Some women face severe loss of strength while others don’t. So, for making baths easier for them, bathtub lift chairs are designed.
These are mostly used by pregnant ladies, women who underwent a gynecological surgery, elderly people or invalids and disabled. Bath lifts are more common than hoists. The former pushes one from underneath to help get up, while the latter pulls one up from above.
Some people don’t buy bath hoists or lifts because they’re expensive. However, they are still cheaper than completely modifying a bathroom. Moreover, some people sell their lifts and hoists after recovery.
Bath lifts and hoists can be permanently fixed to your bathtub. But removable options are also available. So, find out what suits your bathroom style and then install it.
Types of Bathtub Lifts
There are several options available for bath lifts. They range from being removable to fixed and manual to automatic. Some common types of bath lifts are:
- Motor-Driven Bath Lifts
- Manual Bath Lifts
- Removable Bath Lifts
- Fixed Bath Lifts
- Inflatable Cushion Bath Lifts
- Hydraulic Removable Bath Lifts
The type of bath lift that a person chooses depends on his/her needs. For instance, if a woman has undergone a gynecological surgery, she might need a bath lift for a limited time. However, an elderly man with declined mobility might need it for the long term. So, they will choose the type that fits their needs.
Best Bathtub Lift Chairs for Pregnant Women
Below we have shared some of the best bathtub lifts that work well for pregnant women.
The list includes:
- Ez2care Shower Bench Bath Seat Chair
- Essential Medical Supply Shower and Bath Bench
- Drive Medical Whisper Ultra Quiet Bath Lift
- Lumex Splash Bath Lift
- BathmasterDeltis Bath Lift, Motorized Bath and Shower Seat
Let’s see the specifications and prices of each bath lift.
1. Ez2care Shower Bench Bath Seat Chair
The Ez2care Shower Bench Bath Seat Chair has the following features:
- Manufactured by Comfylife for Ez2care
- Anodized aluminum legs
- Perfect for small size bathtub
- Adjustable height
- Holds up to 250 pounds
- Easy tool-free assembly
- Slip-resistant rubber
2. Essential Medical Supply Shower and Bath Bench
The Essential Medical Supply Shower and Bath Bench with Arms and Back has the following features:
- Manufactured by Essential Medical Supply
- Large and textured 13×16 seat with drain holes
- Padded removable arms
- Anodized aluminum frame
- Sturdy construction
- Holds up to 300lbs
- Adjustable height
- Easily assembled
- Weighs 5.00 pounds
3. Drive Medical Whisper Ultra Quiet Bath Lift
The Drive Medical Whisper Ultra Quiet Bath Lift has the following features:
- Manufactured by Drive Medical
- Padded seat and backrest
- Anti-slip security
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Watertight hand control
- Easily accessible buttons
- Easily assembled and installed
- Folding capability
- Suitable for transportation and storage
- Weighs 20.50 pounds
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
4. Lumex Splash Bath Lift
The Lumex Splash Bath Lift with Ultra-Compact Design and Remote Control, 5033A-1has the following features:
- Manufactured by GF health products, Inc. for Graham-Field
- Sleek and modern look
- Fits with the bathroom décor perfectly
- Solid and stable design
- Smooth and quiet movement
- Fixed-back design
- Lightweight and ultra-compact design
- Weighs only 14. 3 pounds
- Easily stored in the smallest of spaces
5. Bathmaster Deltis Bath Lift
The Bathmaster Deltis Bath Lifthas the following features:
- Manufactured by Bathmaster
- Motorized, waterproof bath and shower seat
- Comfortable blue cover
- A compact and lightweight frame
- Weighs only 0.10 pounds
- Can be separated into two parts
- Transfer flaps
- 4 non-slip suction feet
- Waterproof hand controller
- Rechargeable batteries
- Battery charging pack with led low-battery light
- Holds up to 309 lbs
- Long term durability
If you have undergone a gynecological surgery recently or you are a pregnant woman, bath lifts can make bathing very easy for you. We have shared the specifications and prices for different bath lifts. Select the one that fulfills your needs and buy it.
Earnings Disclosure: Bathliftreviews may earn commissions from Amazon when you purchase products from Amazon links on this page.